Sunday, August 16, 2009

See the world in a Yard of Dirt


Many of you who are close to us know about our yard. It's not exactly charming. But today I venture into it, and even got lost in it. It's amazing how much it can hold, and how much it attacks my allergies. There's nothing like going outside and letting your eye balls run and burn while sneezing until you get to the door. But I had forgotten how much life is in our yard. Grasshoppers threw themselves out of the way as I carefully walked through the yard of weeds. When I reached the farthest end of our yards, it felt like I had walked through a dense forest of sunflowers.

There are many different kinds of plants. In fact, I'm positive I've found the ones in The Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I'm waiting for them to become the size of watermelons and my clone to knock on the door.


Ellie is a great companion when venturing out into the unknown. The only problem is that she sends all the grasshoppers in all directions when running for the ball. Curtains Nuno was outside and is still kicking. She loves the weeds because she can hide.
Here's a tour:

No comments: