Sunday, August 16, 2009

This Quilt Will Never End!


Mom, the keebler elf. this was what I saw for about an hour and a half.


When imagining a tie quilt, one would think "time consuming but simple." It is a laughable matter at this point. Despite some experience in easy quilt making, this project has seemed to consume me. (And my remarkably small amount of patience.) What started as a small project has become a hysterically ridiculous war between me and fabric. Whenever I am sure the last step has been taken, something comes to my attention. Whether it is a catch in the fabric or a wrinkle... anything. It is driving me mad. Perhaps it is my neurotic nature coming back to bite me in the butt. The binding had seemed the most formidable of the hurdles to jump. The binding has still eluded me in spite of numerous attempts. It will never have an edge. That is the closest answer I have come to. When Aunt Deb explained it, it seemed so simple. This quilt was supposed to be finished by the time I graduated high school. It is now August and two weeks away from my fall term in college. I believe it is an understatement to say: it's not going so well.

No comments: